[texhax] Question

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 10:07:25 CEST 2003

At 09:57 AM 7/3/2003 +0100, Jo Goodger wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I don't know if you are the right person to ask but I need some advise on
>the \tableofcontents command in LaTeX.
         Did you recompile the .dvi file a few times? Once is not enough.

Herb

>According to the liturature that I have read, this command produces the
>.toc file, containing the information for the table of contents.  This is
>true however, I cannot get the information to print to the postscipt file.
>The .toc file contains the correct information, but on the document, as
>seen in ghostview on Unix, there is the Title 'Contents' but no table.
>I am running this in the article class, does this make a difference, I
>tried it also in Book class and still no table.
>
>Thanks for you help,
>
>Joanna

>Joanna Louise Goodger
>
>Student Support Astronomer                Private number: +34 922 420 745
>Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes          Office number:  +34 922 425 438
>Apartado de Correos, 368                  UK number:      +44 7764 934645
>Santa Cruz da La Palma
>Canary Islands                            Other E-mail: ap0028 at qmul.ac.uk
>Spain                   o'''o                      jo_goodger at hotmail.com
>                         (o o)
>********************oOO**(_)**OOo****************************************

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.isbn.nu/0691009430/amazon>Amazon.com.
Please Note: New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net