[texhax] Why ... ?

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Sun Aug 31 19:23:43 CEST 2003

Le sam 30/08/2003 à 19:10, Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
> daniel savard writes:

> > >          You have to convert the .dvi file to a postscript (.ps) file or
> > > Acrobat (.pdf) file to see the eps file.
> >
> > I'm not sure this is exact. Seems to depend on the tool you are using to
> > display DVI files. I've just tested with the actual .eps file from the
> > original poster and I am able to see everything, including PostScript
> > graphics content with xdvi on Linux. However, there is a mode to make
> > the tool skipping PostScript contents, in you tool or the original
> > poster tool, it may be off by default.
>
> but it doesn't explain a "box" in the output, as kastelan reports.

Yes, it might have explained it, right now we know the package graphicx
was missing in it's TeX source. However, xdvi will replace the actual
graphics by an empty box of the size of the picture which is supposed to
be displayed. This is somewhat similar to the draft mode, without having
to change anything in your source file and without any label inside the
box.

--

Daniel Savard