[texdoc] Bug report

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Mon Apr 5 13:03:21 CEST 2021

Hi Takuto, hi Tiago,

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021, Takuto ASAKURA wrote:
> that the post-installation processes, such as running mktexlsr, for
> texlive-latex-extra(-doc) might not be properly done while texlive-extra-utils
> does well.
>
> Please consider contacting Ubuntu maintainers.

There are none, it falls all back onto the Debian ones, which is me ;-)

I guess that some programs in texlive-extra-utils which is the same as
collection-binextra are necessary for texdoc to work.

Looking at the list, any of those rings a bell for your?
 bin/x86_64-linux/kpsepath
 bin/x86_64-linux/kpsetool
 bin/x86_64-linux/kpsewhere
 bin/x86_64-linux/kpsexpand
Those are only installed with collection-binextra (texlive-extra-utils).

The OP said that installing that packages fixed the search...

The mktexlsr should not be the problem, it is run at any time.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu                 + IFMGA Guide + TU Wien + TeX Live + Debian Dev