[texdoc] texdoclib not found

Roland Kaber roland.kaber at runbox.com
Fri Jan 8 12:28:57 CET 2021

Hello have the following problem. When trying to run the texdoc command
with any option and action, it does not work. For example when
executing 'texdoc hyperref' I get the following message:

Info: Running Texdoc not installed in the current TEXMFMAIN.
/usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/x86_64-linux/texdoc:43: module 'texdoclib'
not found:
        no field package.preload['texdoclib']
        [kpse lua searcher] file not found: 'texdoclib'
        [kpse C searcher] file not found: 'texdoclib'

I have made a new installation of texlive 2020 yesterday following
https://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html

A few detail about my system:

Kernel: 5.4.0-59-generic x86_64
bits: 64 compiler:
gcc v: 9.3.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.7
Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana
base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

Since I a new to the mailing list and nor (yet) an experienced user I
am not sure whether I shoud file a bug report or not.

Latex is up and I can compile tex files. Texlive is installed as
recommended in /usr/local/Texlive and I have set PATH, MANPATH and
INFOPATH correctly.

Can you provide some assistance, please

Best regards
--