[texdoc] Preferring index.html for documentation

Takuto ASAKURA tkt.asakura at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:15:15 CEST 2020

Hi Benjamin,

I found only 12 "index.html" under the latest TEXMFDIST:

	$ find /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/ -name 'index.html'
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/latex/latex-brochure/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/latex/bosisio/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/otherformats/jadetex/base/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tex4ht/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tds/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tex-virtual-academy-pl/idx/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tex-virtual-academy-pl/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tex-virtual-academy-pl/fonty/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tex-virtual-academy-pl/latex2e/macro/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tex-virtual-academy-pl/poczatki/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/fontname/index.html
	/usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/texlive/index.html

Therefore, implementing a special feature for this sounds unreasonable.
I can add some new adjustments instead (but the results for the above
packages (latex-brochure, bosisio, jadetex, ...) look already reasonable
to me.)

Currently, I can't find your "index.html" under the doc dir for sdaps:

	$ ls /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/doc/latex/sdaps/
	README           sdapsbase.pdf    sdapslayout.pdf
	sdapsarray.pdf   sdapsclassic.pdf sdapspdf.pdf

If you have any preferred document for the result for Texdoc, possibly
after updating your package, I can optimize it for you, so please let
me know.

Best,
Takuto