[texdoc] texdoc dtk

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Thu May 12 07:59:57 CEST 2011

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>  > the call of
>  >
>  > texdoc dtk
>  >
>  > results in
>  >
>  > /texmf-dist/doc/generic/pst-optic/more_docs/dtk.pdf
>  >
>  > which is surely not what one is looking for, but rather result
>  > number 2 from texdoc -s dtk:
>  >
>  > /texmf-dist/doc/latex/dtk/doc/beispiel.pdf
>  >
>  > Would be great if this could be fixed,
>
> You got what you asked for.  Run

No, I asked for the TeXnical documentation of the class dtk.

>   texdoc beispiel
>
> if you want that.

If I know it was called that, I would have used a locate and didn't need
texdoc.

> I don't know why people upload stuff to CTAN which breaks texdoc
> deliberately again and again.

There you're right … it should be dtk.pdf or dtk-doc.pdf maybe.

> texdoc tries to be smart.  IMO this is inherently wrong.  It invites
> people to put crap on CTAN and prevents correct stuff to work
> properly.

Well, that's beyond my scope; I just want to get the documentation … for
me as user it doesn't matter where it comes from, how it is called etc …

> You asked for "dtk" and got "dtk.pdf".  Be happy.  When I run

Is this the intended behaviour of texdoc, just to replace a locate
command? Then it's not a very usefull tool, I guess?

cheers
Arno