[tex4ht] How to find causes of WARNING] domfilter: DOM parsing of indexsubsection477.htm failed:

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Sep 21 02:04:17 CEST 2024

I keep getting lots of messages

[WARNING] domfilter: DOM parsing of indexsubsection475.htm failed:
[WARNING] domfilter: ...ive/2024/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaxml/luaxml-mod-xml.lua:175: Unbalanced Tag (/span) [char=61990]

[WARNING] domfilter: DOM parsing of indexsubsection477.htm failed:
[WARNING] domfilter: ...ive/2024/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaxml/luaxml-mod-xml.lua:175: Unbalanced Tag (/span) [char=61400]

[WARNING] domfilter: DOM parsing of indexsubsection477.htm failed:
[WARNING] domfilter: ...ive/2024/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaxml/luaxml-mod-xml.lua:175: Unbalanced Tag (/span) [char=61400]

On some files when compiling using tex4ht.

But I am having hard time figuring the source of these.

The index.log shows nothing and there is nothing in the message
which points to the HTML file and the line number to help locate
the problem. I only see these messages on the terminal.

These are very large files and I run the build over hunderds of files
and all what I see are these messages on the screen.

I have been ignoring them so far. But I'd like to finally fix the cause.

I am sure something in my .cfg is causing this but no idea what it is.

The command I use for all the files is the same,. It is

make4ht  --shell-escape -ulm default -a warning -f html5+join_colors
          -c nma_mathjax.cfg -e $TEXMFHOME/tex/latex/tex4ht_build_files/MAIN.mk4
          $filename.tex
          "mathjax,htm,$SPLIT,fn-in,notoc*,p-width,charset=utf-8,cut-fullname,nostyle" "-cunihtf -utf8"

I also see nothing wrong when I look at the web pages generated but I
could be overlooking something.

Should I include in a zip file one of these large file which generates these
warnings and all files needed to build it so someone could try?

I am using TL 2024 on Linux.

Thanks,