[tex4ht] [bug #591] adding \fbox around \includegraphics makes it lose the centering when using tex4ht

Nasser M. Abbasi puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sat Dec 31 00:14:21 CET 2022

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

reference and screen shots at

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/670174/why-adding-fbox-around-includegraphics-makes-it-lose-the-centering-when-using

In tex4ht, when doing

\centering
\includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{example-image-a}

The image comes out centered. But when adding fbox, the images no longer is
centered

\centering
\fbox{\includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{example-image-a}}

I was not sure if this is by design or if it should remain centered. It does
remain centered in pdf. Here is MWE

---------------------------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\begin{figure}
\centering
\includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{example-image-a}
\caption{Phase plot}
\end{figure}

\end{document}
----------------------

Compiled using

make4ht -ulm default -a debug  foo.tex 'mathjax,htm'
gives image centered ok.

(btw, I never figured out how to make TL testimages show up as the true image
on my system with tex4ht. They always show as PIC, but using actual image I
have, same problem show up).

Now when adding \fbox{....} around the includegraphics here is the result

         enter image description here

But in PDF, it remains centered even when adding \fbox

         enter image description here

TL 2022 on Linux. Updated as of 12/29/2022