[tex4ht] Advice on where to start?

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:38:50 CEST 2022

Hi Jim,

> Thank you for the information, Karl.  I'm certainly expecting some debugging but I was at a loss as to where to dig in.

The tutorial is still incomplete, unfortunately. There is some
information about debugging here:
https://www.kodymirus.cz/tex4ht-doc/FAQandTroubleshooting.html#faq-and-troubleshooting

As Karl and Nasser said, you can try this command

$ make4ht -a debug -m draft book.tex

It should stop on errors and print the full terminal output. I think
that in your case, the issue is caused by some package. I can see a
clash between BibLaTeX and Endnotes, which I can confirm happens, and
I will try to fix that. But there must be also some other issue, as it
shouldn't result in a fatal error.

Could you make a MWE that produces this fatal error a post it here?