[tex4ht] [bug #576] \HCode alternative that copies verbatim?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Aug 15 22:58:45 CEST 2022

On 8/15/2022 3:48 PM, Karl Berry wrote:

>                   Privacy: Public
>               Assigned to: None
>          Originator Email:
>               Open/Closed: Open
>           Discussion Lock: Any
>
>      _______________________________________________________
>
> Details:
>
> Michal, or anyone, is there an alternative to \HCode that outputs its argument
> completely verbatim, ideally including line breaks?
> It seems \HCode outputs a surrounding <p> and </p>.
>
> It seems \HCode is inscrutably defined in the scripts, such as htlatex. At
> first glance, the definition makes no sense to me at all :).
>
> Thanks.

just FYI,

I just tried

----------------------
\begin{document}

This is a test

\ScriptEnv{html}
  {\NoFonts\hfill\break}
  {\EndNoFonts}

\begin{html}
This is HTML

It should not have any p around it.
\end{html}

Compiled using make4ht -ulm default -a debug  foo.tex "htm"

But it still generated HTML with <P>...</P> around the HTML

</head><body>
<!-- l. 16 --><p class='noindent'>This is a test