[tex4ht] Macro parameter bug

Francis Wright f.j.wright at live.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 12:55:44 CET 2021

Dear Michal,

Thanks for your very prompt reply. Changing the catcode solves the problem. You have also answered my next question, which was going to be about the right way to configure MathJax. (I currently post-process the HTML files.)

In fact, the way I define macros etc. for use in MathJax is like this:

\(
\newcommand{\gc}[1]{\boldsymbol{#1}}
\)%

and I reconfigure MathJax to load the newcommand package. I think that the TeX4ht code that outputs \(...\) etc. essentially verbatim should output # verbatim as well instead of doubling it as at present, and that perhaps modifying \alteqtoks would be the way to do that. I'll experiment with this.

Thanks again, Francis