[tex4ht] tex4ht options, figure placement and exerquiz

Tomas Davidek Tomas.Davidek at cern.ch
Sun Jan 10 21:13:15 CET 2021

Thanks Michal.

Now may I have few more questions on various tex4ht-related issues?

1. I wanted to experiment with various tex4ht options. I only found
those listed in http://cvr.cc/?p=504. This list seems pretty old, can
you point me to more up-to-date list of options, ideally more
descriptive? For instance, I am looking for an option splitting the
document into individual pages according to sections, so I tried e.g.
make4ht -c split.cfg -u filename.tex "1", but no change wrt the default
behaviour.

2. a detail regarding the figure placement. The LaTeX code

\begin{figure}
   \centering
\includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{figures/kinematika/k0long_lips.eps}
\includegraphics[width=0.49\linewidth]{figures/kinematika/dplus_lips.eps}
   \caption{The figure caption....}
   \label{fig:invariant_mass_distrib_example}
\end{figure}

normally results in two plots side-by-side, but in HTML the pictures are
organized one on top of the other. Is there a way to restore the
original behaviour?

3. The environment exerquiz is correctly translated into HTML, with only
one problem. The environment features an optional parameter [h] or [H],
which controls whether the solution is printed or not. There are two
issues -

a) the optional argument is not taken into account

b) the argument is printed in the HTML page

At this stage, I don't worry too much about a), but worry a bit about
b). Well, of course I can strip this argument from the original LaTeX
file by a parser, I am just wondering whether this can be easily
achieved at the level of exerquiz.4ht ?

Best regards,

                       Tomas