[tex4ht] [bug #496] Sub- and sup-scripts do not work

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Thu Dec 31 20:58:42 CET 2020

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #496 (project tex4ht):

Hi Matteo,

I've found that the issue is caused by the Hyperref packages (and Bookmark,
which loads Hyperref). I will look at this issue later this week.

In the meantime, you can disable the offending packages with TeX4ht, as they
are not that useful in HTML anyway. Put this into your document preamble:

\ifdefined\HCode\else
\usepackage{bookmark}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\hypersetup{colorlinks=true, linkcolor=[rgb]{1,0,0}}
\fi

It will use these packages only in the PDF mode.

BTW, you can use make4ht instead of htlatex, because it fixes some issues in
MathML that are not possible to fix in the LaTeX backend:

make4ht -c mi.cfg sub-sup.tex