[tex4ht] luaxml-domobject.lua:62: bad argument #2 to 'format' (no value)

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Dec 19 11:51:15 CET 2020

On 12/19/2020 4:35 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Hi Nasser,
>

>> [INFO]    make4ht-lib: parse_lg process file: insu17.htm
>> ...e/2020/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaxml/luaxml-domobject.lua:62: bad argument #2 to 'format' (no value)
>>

> This seems indeed like an issue in LuaXML library. Can you post the
> insu17.htm file here? It seems that it somehow fails in the processing.
> It is also possible that it contains faulty HTML code, which would need
> to be fixed on TeX4ht side.
>
> Best regards,
> Michal

Hello Michal;

I put everything in one zip file. Please find the zip file in this folder

https://www.12000.org/tmp/lua_error/

This is self contained. It has index.tex and 3 other .tex
files that are included.

The command I just tried to get the error is

=================
make4ht --shell-escape -ulm default -a debug index.tex
    "mathjax,htm,fn-in,3,notoc*,p-width,charset=utf-8"  " -cunihtf -utf8"

[INFO]    make4ht-lib: parse_lg process file: insu16.htm
[INFO]    make4ht-lib: parse_lg process file: insu16.htm
[INFO]    make4ht: outdir:
[INFO]    make4ht-lib: parse_lg process file: insu17.htm
...e/2020/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaxml/luaxml-domobject.lua:62: bad argument #2 to 'format' (no value)

So after you unzip the file, it will create a new folder.
All the files are there.

If I missed some files to make it compile on your end, please let
me know and will update the zip file with anything missing.
There are no graphics. All Latex code and lua code I used
as well which is included there.

This is strange error, as it started showing after I update
TL update about 3-4 weeks ago or so.

Thanks