[tex4ht] [bug #492] BibLaTeX footnotes not showing as footnotes in ODT, nor cross-references, minor final punctuation issue also in HTML

Lorenz puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Fri Nov 27 15:40:02 CET 2020

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #492 (project tex4ht):

Great, thank you so much, Michal!

I just realized after posting that my last comment was cut from a UTF-8
emoticon I used onwards … Anyway, I just wanted to emphasize my gratitude.

I was already on the way to find that file after having checked out the SVN
repository, but maybe I wouldn’t have found it and anyway, you did so much
faster.

I have also understood now that these lit files are compiled to a sty file, in
this case …texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/ooffice.4ht — As I didn’t want
to wait for your change to appear on TeX Live, I just deleted line 6999 in
this file, and now footnote-dw citations work also in ODT output! Thank
you!!!

Putting common issues first is a very good approach to documentation. After
all, someone (like me) steps in, wants to try if a tool is worth further
exploration … In those situations, it is important to have the most simple
approach first, get something running, and dive into further customization
later on.

Best regards, Lorenz