[tex4ht] [bug #492] BibLaTeX footnotes not showing as footnotes in ODT, nor cross-references, minor final punctuation issue also in HTML

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Thu Nov 26 21:53:30 CET 2020

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #492 (project tex4ht):

Hi Lorenz,

your file seems to be good in HTML, see the attached file. You get your output
in Latin 1 encoding because you need to pass additional parameters to
htxelatex, like:

mk4ht htxelatex mwe.tex "html,charset=utf-8,fn-in“ " -utf8 -cmozhtf"

Easier way is to use make4ht:

make4ht -l mwe.tex "fn-in"

It produces UTF-8 output by default. The -x option requires LuaLaTeX, which
you seem to actually prefer over XeLaTeX in the PDF mode.

It is also easier to produce the ODT file:

make4ht -l -f odt mwe.tex

("fn-in" option doesn't work in the ODT output). In this case, some citations
are inserted inline instead of in footnotes, which is a bug that I will try to
fix.

Don't worry about the TUG mailing list, it is mailing list for TeX4ht
development, so it is OK.

My work-in progress documentation about TeX4ht is here:
https://www.kodymirus.cz/tex4ht-doc/tex4ht-doc.html

As I said, it is work in progress, so there is lot of stuff that I put here
from other sources, so it is bit chaotic and lot of stuff is missing. Some
information is also old and obsolete (especially the tutorial).

See also the make4ht doc: https://www.kodymirus.cz/make4ht/make4ht-doc.html