[tex4ht] plain TeX

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:35:52 CET 2020

Dear Doc,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM D. R. Evans <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the dim, distant past I tried to convert my plain TeX books into HTML with
> tex4ht (for later conversion to EPUB and MOBI). I was never very successful at
> this project, producing valid but unusably-badly-formatted output.
>
> What is the best way to perform this conversion nowadays?

it depends on your input files. With Plain TeX, every project is quite
different. I took a look at some samples on your page and it seems
that they don't contain complicated formatting, special characters or
math, so it shouldn't be that difficult to add support. Could you post
a simple example that involves your macros?