[tex4ht] [bug #486] Strange error with minted

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Thu Oct 8 18:32:32 CEST 2020

Update of bug #486 (project tex4ht):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I've found that the issue was caused by the Catchfile package. It added quoted
file to the list of used files. I've added fix for that.

In the process, I've added a new mechanism for early package redefinitions.
Instead of usepackage.4ht, it is possible to create file
<packagename>-sty-hooks.4ht. It looks like this for the Catchfile package:

% catchfile-sty-hook.4ht, generated from tex4ht-4ht.tex
% ... more copyright lines

\AddToHook{package/after/catchfile}{
  \def\CatchFile at CheckFileExists#1{%
    \IfFileExists{#1}{%
      \expandafter\CatchFile at DefFile\@filef at und\@nil
      \begingroup\expandafter\expandafter\expandafter\endgroup
      \expandafter\ifx\csname @addtofilelist\endcsname\relax
      \else
      \@addtofilelist{#1}
      \fi
    }{%
      \let\CatchFile at File\relax
    }%
  }%
}

It uses the new LaTeX hook mechanism to insert code after the package is
processed.