[tex4ht] ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=100000]. with tex4ht only

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 11:42:10 CEST 2020

Hi Nasser

>I see. No problem. I just have to remember to add save_size next
>time when installing new version of TL. I need to add this to my
>tex4ht cheat sheet.

It would still be good to fix that, so please keep eye on that. It is
possible that this was caused by one of huge equations you use.

>The time to compile did not change after updating TL. About 2-3 hrs to
>compile the HTML, and about 5 minutes for the PDF.  Here is the actual
>web page itself

Ah this is really bad, I see no reason for such long compilation time.

>I think the long time due to having many tables. I am not sure why. If I was
>using svg for math instead of mathjax, the HTML would take 2-3 days to compile.

Does the actual LaTeX compilation take so long? Maybe large number of
pictures is created even with MathJax option. Maybe we missed some math
environment?

>I just posted question about it at tex.stackexchange.com
>
>https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/559701/how-to-prevent-hyperlink-from-wrapping-in-fixed-width-column-in-tex4ht
>
>May be this is how tex4ht was before and I did not notice. it is related to link
>wrapping inside table. I could not find solution for this so far after
>trying for some time.

Yes, I think this issue was always present, as we don't do anything with
links in tables. I've posted a solution, but I don't think this is a
reall issue that we can fix, as it is quite specific and the fix can
lead to larger issues in the HTML rendering.