[tex4ht] [bug #481] Problem with Braces / Brackets in Maths equations using mk4ht latex->mathml

Michal Hoftich puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Wed Aug 19 18:03:24 CEST 2020

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #481 (project tex4ht):

Hi Tom,

thanks for the report. I thought I fixed fences not so long ago, when I
removed most of instances of the deprecated <mfenced> element in the MathML
configuration. <mo fence="true"> should be used instead. What I missed is that
the whole expression must be in enclosed <mrow>, otherwise the fenced
parentheses are not rendered correctly.

It should be fixed in the sources now.

Btw, it is best to use

make4ht math_text.tex "mathml,mathjax"

make4ht post-processes the generated HTML and fixes some issues especially in
MathML. mathjax option will load MathJax, which fixes lot of rendering issues.
For example it can display our wrong MathML code correctly even without the
fix.