[tex4ht] xmllint calls, so many

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 00:29:39 CEST 2020

Hi Karl

> 1) I wonder if we really care. But I guess it is good to check that
> what's generated is valid.

I don't think we really care, as it validates only the generated HTML
documentation for literate sources. Personally, I never check that :)

> 2) In which case, I wonder if there is any feasible way to combine calls
> to reduce the number of invocations and amount of output. xmllint
> supposedly takes more than one file.
>
> Unfortunately from a quick look it is invoked from tex4ht.env[-unix] and
> it is only set up to do one file. Michal, have you roamed around in this
> area at all? Any ideas? --thanks, karl.

It is called by xhlatex script. It seems to pass -cvalidate option to
t4ht, which then calls a validation tool defined in tex4ht.env on each
output HTML file. I think we should just get rid of it and use just
ordinary htlatex.

Best,