[tex4ht] java modules

Vincent Belaïche vincent.belaiche at gmail.com
Sat May 30 20:53:12 CEST 2020

Oh, I didn't have really noticed that I was included.
I attached the whole diff, but I wish to split it into several
elementary steps. Because there are several different objectives that
should be each in a different change.
1) the first step is that tex4ht-dir.tex is renamed to tex4ht-dir.m4
and made a script, and the Makefile generates the texh4t-dir.tex from
this m4 file. This way directory information is not duplicated in
serval places, and lies only in the Makefile.
2) the second step is a fix of the directory handling, I suppressed
some of the « / » appending, so that the \MakeDir loop is not
prematurely stopped
3) the 3rd step is that all the absolute path are replaced macros from
the tex4ht-dir.tex
4) the 4th step is some fixing the java code
5) the 5th step is an optimisation of \MakeDir in the case of sh
shell. This step still needs some work, the objective is to make a
files in the path, so if the path is f1/f2/f3/f4/f5.java, insead of «
mkdir f1 ; mkdir f1/f2 ; mkdir f1/f2/f3; mkdir f1/f2/f3/f4 », one does
only « mkdir -p f1/f2/f3/f4 ». This step still needs some work because
in my first attempt I broke the \expandafter\ifx\csname !…\endcsname…
flagging, so I do a system call for each different f5.java even though
f1/f2/f3/f4 remains the same. It is easy to fix it and make the
optimisation complete, anyway this one is not really needed, just an
optimisation.

Because in step 1) there is some file renaming, I don't know about svn
enough, if I do svn mv … … and then generate the diff file, will the
diff file include the file renaming ?       Vincent.