[tex4ht] imakeidx index question

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 21:31:11 CET 2020

Hi Jürgen

> I can report success - both for the testfile _and_ my larger ebook file! Thank you so much!

I am really happy it works!

> If I am interpreting this correctly, this index system generates a numbered location for each \index entry, and then uses these numbers in the hyperlinked index. Since I've been adding a new index entry each time a certain phase shows up in each paragraph, this has led to some overly long index entries such as this:

> But this is purely a problem on my end - I just have to think differently for how to place index entries for epub files. But I thought I'd share this here so that others know what to expect.

Yes, this is the method that TeX4ht used originally and seems to work
best. My method that used section numbers was fragile and needed
support from the index processor (so it had been supported only by
Xindy). This method is universal, but the downside is what you
describe - overly long index entries.