[tex4ht] tex4ebook and imakeidx - no hyperlinked index

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Sep 17 11:27:02 CEST 2018

Am Mon, 17 Sep 2018 10:48:40 +0200 schrieb "Jürgen Hubert":

>> What happens if you call xindy directly
>>
>> xindy --help
>
> The same thing:

which means that the problem is not tex4ht relatex and should be
taken to some other list.

> $ xindy --help
> /cygdrive/c/Users/Jürgen/Google Drive/Writing/Deutsche Sagen/Sunken Castles Evil Poodles/LatexTests/Test/C:/Users/Jürgen/AppData/Local/Programs/MiKTeX 2.9/scripts/xindy/../../xindy/modules: No such file or directory at C:\Users\Jürgen\AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX 2.9\scripts\xindy\xindy.pl line 402.

If cygdrive and the prompt means that cygwin is involved: Make tests
without it. There is really no need to complicate things by using
non-windows tools.

Open a normal windows cmd line or powershell and run xindy from
there.  Install a perl for windows if needed, e.g.
http://strawberryperl.com/.

> It would be enormously frustrating if the problem is the Umlaut in
> my user name, since that has bedeviled me a bunch of times during
> my attempts to re-install MiKTeX. Any suggestions for how to
> proceed?

Well even in a perfect world where everyone and every OS use unicode
and utf8 an ü (like all other chars with accents) has *two* legal
representation (composed and decomposed) and so is problematic.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/