[tex4ht] tex4ebook and imakeidx - no hyperlinked index

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Sep 17 10:41:36 CEST 2018

Am Mon, 17 Sep 2018 07:54:09 +0200 schrieb "Jürgen Hubert":

> Can't open perl script ""C:\Users\Jürgen\AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX
> 2.9\scripts\xindy\xindy.pl"": No such file or directory Make4ht:
> Fatal error. Command xindy returned exit code 2
>
> ----------
>
> This has me stumped, since the xindy.pl script is, in fact,
> located at precisely this location. Perhaps this has something to
> do with the fact that the compiler lists the script within double
> quotation marks ""?

I doubt it.

If you installed miktex in multiuser mode than your xindy.pl is at
the wrong location. It should be in the main installation tree (see
https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/mailman/message/35700705/).

But "Local/Programms" sounds as if you installed in single user
mode. If everything is up-to-date then I would suspect that the
problem is the "ü" in the user name.

But to test this you would have to install miktex again in another
user account without ü in the name. ;-(

What happens if you call xindy directly

xindy --help

?