[tex4ht] using -d folder with make4ht issue

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Fri Sep 14 02:47:55 CEST 2018

On 9/13/2018 7:36 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> When using make4ht command such as this
>
> make4ht -ulm default
>        -e ~/new.mk4 -c ~/nma.cfg
>        -f html5+dvisvgm_hashes
>        -d exam exam.tex "htm,0,pic-align,notoc*,p-width,svg"
>
> Where the -d option above tells it to put all the files in the
> folder exam/, I noticed that make4ht copies all the hashed
> file .svg files the the exam/ folder, but it should
> be moving them instead:
>
> ----------------
> parse_lg process file: exam-479a9aefa44a0e7ead0f321f99e3e946.svg
> outdir: exam/
> Copy: cp "exam-479a9aefa44a0e7ead0f321f99e3e946.svg" "exam"
> ----------------------
>
> So one ends with a copy of all the svg files both in the current
> folder and also in the destination folder given by -d option.
>
> Since the whole point of using -d is to keep the current folder
> where the latex file is clean and move all the generated files
> during the compile to the child folder, it is possible to change
> this behaviour to make it use "mv" instead of "cp" ?
>
> I am using latest TL 2018, updated about 2 hrs ago.
>
>> which make4ht
> /usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux/make4ht
>> make4ht --version
> make4ht version v0.2c
>
> Thanks
> --Nasser

After I send the above, I realized that this might be hard
to do for make4ht with hashing set.

Since make4ht needs to check if the svg images need to be updated
or not, next time the latex file is compiled.

So moving the .svg file somewhere else each time, then poor
make4ht will have hard time trying to figure where the svg
files went in order to compare hash.

So I will just not use -d option with the above call and leave
all the file in current folder.  This seems to be the
simplest solution for now so not to complicate things.

Thanks