[tex4ht] problem with new dvisvgm 2.6, all svg fies have horizontal lines with no math showing.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Sep 13 23:45:08 CEST 2018

On 9/13/2018 3:45 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Nasser - I don't know if it will help, but (with Martin's help) I just
> committed the dvisvgm 2.6 sources into the TL repository. I can't
> provide Windows binaries, but if a 64-bit GNU/Linux binary would help, I
> could do that.
>
> For Windows, I believe that Akira Kakuto compiles new releases of
> programs as they are made in his w32tex distribution from w32tex.org.
> His compilations are what are used in TL too, we just don't push out all
> the updates. Also, despite the name, he also provides 64-bit Windows
> binaries.
>
> Best,
> Karl

That would be great Karl. I thought I had to wait one
more year for dvisvgm, so been trying mathjax with make4ht for
now to compile the large Latex files as current dvisvgm can't
handle it.

I only use Linux systems with TL.

And I just did "tlmgr --update all"

>which dvisvgm
/usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux/dvisvgm
>dvisvgm --version
dvisvgm 2.3.5

How could one obtain the binary for dvisvgm? Would it be
just one file that one needs to replace the above binary with?
Would it work on any Linux 64 bit?

My system is linux 64 bit. I happen to use Ubuntu now (on Linux
windows subsystem, since it is little faster than Linux
in a VBox actually).

>uname -a
Linux DESKTOP-7OK6FOH 4.4.0-17134-Microsoft #285-Microsoft
   Thu Aug 30 17:31:00 PST 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thank you,