[tex4ht] trying to understand how to use mathjax in tex4ht

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Sep 8 16:48:54 CEST 2018

On 9/8/2018 8:47 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:

> Great! I hope it will work on your files, I will add it to the sources
> if everything works correctly.

I am testing it now. But I noticed something. This might be a mathjax
thing, or a configuration issue.

When I first open the web page, compiled with mathjax, it seems
there are 2 phases it goes through to render the math.

At initial loading, the math looks smallers and the font not as bold.
After about 3-4 seconds or so (depending on the page size), the web page
refreshes on its own and now the math looks better and the font
is bolder and more clear.

For example, I just build this small page using your make4ht
and mathjax style file

https://www.12000.org/my_notes/faq/math/index.htm

You'll notice what I am talking about above. I tested it in
Chrome and Firefox. You can see again by by SHIFT-REFRESH the
webpage to force reloading.

Is there a way not to make it do this? I find having to wait
few seconds each time to wait for the page to refresh suddently
again is a bit annoying.

Thanks