[tex4ht] [bug #394] Support for oolatex on Debian

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:35:12 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 1:36 AM, Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> On 2018-06-25 at 20:59:26 GMT, Karl Berry wrote:
>
>  > Follow-up Comment #4, bug #394 (project tex4ht):
>  >
>  > Using SELFAUTOPARENT at all will not work on Debian, as things
>  > stand. It's easiest to hardwire it to /usr/share/texlive.  Maybe if
>  > that directory exists, use it, else use SELFAUTOPARENT.
>  > Alternatively, if SELFAUTOPARENT expands to /, look for
>  > /usr/share/texlive or other alternatives.
>
> TEXMFROOT can be used instead of SELFAUTODIR or SELFAUTOPARENT.  This
> should work in most cases, but if distributors don't set it up
> properly...

Thanks, that sounds nice. Bad news is that I've found that Miktex
doesn't support any of these variables, so a different method to find
the root directory must be used. I am thinking about using
kpse.find_file to locate some file in a  known location, but what if a
user has a custom version of such file in his TEXMFHOME? It seems that
there is no cross-platform stable way to find the TeX distro root?

Maybe it will be easier to replace code in Xtpipes by Lua filters, I
wanted to do that sometimes anyway.