[tex4ht] [bug #396] Issue with nested tables, array package and ooffice output

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:51:52 CEST 2018

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I've found really strange issue with the behavior of nested tables when the
array package is loaded and the ODT output is active. More details are here:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/436560/2891

It seems that a \special{t4ht@[} instruction is missing somewhere, but I
couldn't find where. Workaround is presented in my answer, but I think we
should dig deeper and find the real issue. I must admit that I don't
understand at all why the \special commands are used in that context at all,
there are no comments in the sources.

The other issue is that nested tables are inserted in paragraphs and this are
not shown at all. I think this can be fixed only using post-processing,
proposed filter for  make4ht is included in my answer.