[tex4ht] Is there a way to pass the Latex code directly to the HTML page for MathJax use?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Oct 19 23:28:11 CEST 2013

I am using MathJax to render the math in the HTML pages
generated by htlatex.

I found some issues with the MathML code generated by htlatex.

When I copy the latex code directly, and put it in the HTML
page, then the result is the correct one, and it looks better
than when using MathML.

So, my question is, is there a way in htlatex configuration,
to tell it is pass the latex code directly to the HTML file,
so that when I use MathJax, it will render the way I prefer it?

I tried many different MathJax configurations, and there
are some problems when using the MathML generated. For example
when using

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML"
></script>

The current problem, is that the size of the summation symbol comes
out much larger than it should when using MathML code, but it
comes out in the correct size when I embed the latex code in
the HTML file directly.

screen shot of the above issue can be seen here:

http://12000.org/tmp/101913/d1.png

I tried different MathJax configuration, which fixed the above,
but introduced a new MathML issue in other place.

So, is there a way to configure htlatex to use MathJax, but
without MathML at all? Just pure Latex take from the Latex file as is?

thanks