[tex4ht] Again biblatex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 5 23:55:59 CEST 2011

    one of the most complex he has ever examined

I think I can safely say it is *the* most complex :).  The source code
to the engines, for instance, pales in comparison ...

    He is, as an outsider, trying to maintain it

I am trying but (for the record) CVR is able to do much more than me,
thankfully.  We both very much want to be able to put together a new
release and devote more time to it in general.

Thanks to everyone writing about the biblatex-and-footnotes and other
issues.  It definitely helps.

    as a general issue, who will maintain these packages over time, as
    developers lose interest or die?

It's been an issue since day one.  They are free software.  So if
someone cares enough, they can come forward and take them over, perhaps
under a new name.  If no one cares that much, the pkgs will stay out
there as they are.  So it's a self-organizing process ...

Best,
Karl