[tex4ht] Again biblatex

Thompson,Paul Paul.Thompson at SanfordHealth.org
Wed Oct 5 20:00:56 CEST 2011

The issue here is a serious one for TeX/LaTeX. The originator of tex4ht died suddenly. The macro system is, according to Karl Berry (who is a very savvy TeX/LaTeX person), one of the most complex he has ever examined. He is, as an outsider, trying to maintain it, amidst the usual issues - upgrades of other packages, etc.

In LaTeX, there are many packages that have not been touched in 5-6 years. Many are quite antiquated. I myself wrote a class (newlfm) which is used to compose letters, faxes, and memos. I haven't looked at it in some time, since no one writes letters. But, as a general issue, who will maintain these packages over time, as developers lose interest or die?
From: Andrew Goldstone [andrew.goldstone at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:03 AM
To: Thompson,Paul
Cc: tex4ht at tug.org
Subject: Re: [tex4ht] Again biblatex

Sounds about right, Paul... my modified biblatex.4ht has

\let\abx at aux@page\@gobbletwo
\let\abx at aux@fnpage\@gobbletwo          % this is the added kludge line
\AtEndDocument{%
  \def\abx at aux@page#1#2{\blx at addpagesum{#1}{#2}}%
  \def\abx at aux@fnpage#1#2{\blx at addpagesum{#1}{#2}}}
%

I'd need to spend more time with the sources before I could understand
just what these macros are doing. With this kludge I'm still getting
some odd behavior with tex4ht converting my longer documents into ODT.
I'm trying to track it down. Would very much appreciate thoughts (or
patches) from you or others who understand the code.

Andrew