[tex4ht] latex -> mediawiki

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:46:21 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 5:08 AM, CV Radhakrishnan <cvr at river-valley.org> wrote:
> On 07/23/2011 06:23 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>>

> However, I don't make any promise to write one as I am struggling to finish
> html5 and mathml3 packages for TeX4ht for months now. Couldn't complete yet
> owing to the pressures at the day job.
>

> TeX4ht is an ingenious piece of software ever written in TeX macro language.
> It is infinitely complex since it is infinitely configurable and flexible
> except for its incompatibility with unicode input. TeX4ht can generate any
> kind of html, XML, MathML, custom formats like mediawiki, mathjax, jsmath,
> etc. Hence, all the above formats can fit well into the scheme of TeX4ht.
>
> Best
> --
> Radhakrishnan
>
> They that govern the most make the least noise.
>  -- John Selden (1584-1654)
>  -- Power

Thanks! I understand that output formats multiply faster than the rabbits :-)

One thing of the paramount importance for mediawiki: output should be
easily read and edited by humans; otherwise wiki will lose it function
as a collaboration tool. While tex->html conversion by htlatex made
html looking exactly like pdf at the expense of ability to edit, in
tex->mediawiki the fidelity is far less important, IMHO.

There is another interesting (but not very related) question: htlatex
produces one html page, looking like all pdf pages glued together (and
if it is long enough javascript takes eons to process it). Any plans
for pagination?

Victor