[tex4ht] latex -> mediawiki

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Jul 23 12:04:13 CEST 2011

On 07/23/2011 03:16 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> Thanks! I understand that output formats multiply faster than the rabbits:-)
>
> One thing of the paramount importance for mediawiki: output should be
> easily read and edited by humans; otherwise wiki will lose it function
> as a collaboration tool. While tex->html conversion by htlatex made

You are right. Wiki format generated by TeX4ht should be like the one
created by humans by hand. We can do that.

> html looking exactly like pdf at the expense of ability to edit, in
> tex->mediawiki the fidelity is far less important, IMHO.

By the way, can we start an unofficial collaborative project in which I
shall start to write a custom conf for TeX4ht that can format a document
you might provide in which we shall go on adding more complex structures
and environments as we progress? Surely, I need your assistance for
mediawiki format (for instance, how theorems shall be coded in wiki).
Once it is matured enough, we shall make it a *.4ht package of tex4ht
and form part of a tex4ht release that might happen afterwards. How do
you see this?

> There is another interesting (but not very related) question: htlatex
> produces one html page, looking like all pdf pages glued together (and
> if it is long enough javascript takes eons to process it). Any plans
> for pagination?

Sorry, I don't get exactly what you mean.

Best
--
Radhakrishnan

Always remember that you are unique.  Just like everyone else.