[tex4ht] align*, intertext and conversion to jsmath

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Dec 21 03:07:24 CET 2010

On 21/12/10 6:54 AM, Rob Beezer wrote:
> Hi Radhakrishnan,
>
> Yes, that seems to get past the XML parsing errors.  So I can now
> stop provisionally commented them all out of my project as I work
> through the chapters!  ;-)

OK. Thanks for the feedback. We will now incorporate the changes to
the original packages and commit to SVN.

> Ideally, intertext content would be shoved up against the left
> margin and not be involved in any of the alignment.  As fixed, the
> text is the first element of its row of the list of equations.
> Which makes its left ends "ragged" when there are several, because
> they all get aligned on their right-ends.  And if there is too much
> text in one of them, *all* the equations get moved well to the
> right.
>
> So the rendering is correct as far as content goes, but not as
> pleasing as "real" intertext should be.

jsMath does not seem to support \intertext command. It throws an error
"unknown control sequence \intertext" when \intertext is used. We have
circumvented the problem with \text command instead which won't give
the right kind of rendering you would expect although it can pass
through the output creation process silently.

> Do you know if jsMath has a facility for this?  I'm going to email
> the jsMath author right now with the same question, so if that is
> not something you know, then perhaps we will get an answer from
> him.  I'll let you know what I find out.

That will be the best, Rob. jsMath needs to support \intertext.

Best regards

Radhakrishnan