[tex4ht] align*, intertext and conversion to jsmath

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Dec 9 08:11:32 CET 2010

On 08/12/10 2:58 AM, Rob Beezer wrote:
> Dear CVR and Karl,
>
> Thanks so much for your continued work on tex4ht.
>
> I am having trouble with the \intertext{} command within an amsmath
> align* environment in a conversion to jsmath.  Actually, I have 76 of
> these giving me trouble (across an entire textbook).

Many thanks for this bug report. There are a few problems in jsmath
configuration package of TeX4ht. If you encounter more, please do not
hesitate to post.

I have fixed your problem as provided in the test file below:

<--------- Begin test file ------------>

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{amsmath}

\begin{document}

\catcode`\:=11
\catcode`\@=11
\def\a:math:amp{\string&}
\Configure{intertext}
    {\IgnorePar \ifinalign@\HCode{\string\cr }%
     \else \ifingather@\HCode{\string\cr }%
     \fi\fi\AA:text{intertext}}
    {\BB:text \ifvmode \IgnorePar \fi \EndP\ifinalign@
        \HCode{\string\cr }\else \ifingather@
        \HCode{\string\cr }\fi\fi}
\catcode`\:=12
\catcode`\@=12

%
Some \verb!align*! mathematics with an \verb!intertext! line:
%
\begin{align*}
A&=B
\intertext{and}
C&=D
\end{align*}
%
\end{document}

<--------- End test file ------------>

> Output seems to have the ordering of some mtr and mtd tags reversed.

Actually those <mtr> and <mtd> tags shouldn't be there at all. Those
are inserted by the default configuration of \intertext command. I
have modified the same in the test file given above.  If it works fine
in your case, we will fix the problem in TeX4ht packages and commit to
svn.

[...]

> As an aside, I consistently get the following with SVN 66, with an
> error for each line of the header comments:
>
> tex4ht.c (Version 1.1 kpathsea)
> tex4ht -f/intertext-example
>   -i~/tex4ht.dir/texmf/tex4ht/ht-fonts/
> (/home/rob/tex4ht.env)
> (/home/rob/tex4ht.dir/texmf/tex4ht/ht-fonts/iso8859/1/charset/unicode.4hf)
>
> --- warning --- Improper entry (line 1)
> --- warning --- Improper entry (line 2)
> % unicode.4hf                           2009-07-25-19:06 %

You can safely ignore it, it comes from the newly inserted licence
text at the top of the file. We will fix it before next release.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan

Multiple-function gadgets will not perform any
function adequately.