[tex4ht] Choice of LaTeX -> *ml method for all browsers?

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Sun Aug 15 04:01:10 CEST 2010

UNRESTRICTED | ILLIMITÉ

TeXLive 2009 (Windows) does an excellent job of producing my
documents in pdf format but I would also like to deliver them in
*ml format for browsers from the same .tex source.

From my (preliminary) reading on the subject TeX4ht seems to be
the easiest option for documents that might be heavy on
formatting, graphic/image inclusion, and/or math content.
I would be interested in your opinions on this subject.

I am also faced with the question of how best to produce
browser independent *ml.

"mk4ht mzlatex text.tex" produces great looking output, but it
seems to be relatively specific to Mozilla without resorting to
plugins for IE.

Can the html that is produced be configured to preferentially
deliver everything complicated graphically?

My attempts at using "htlatex test" produce html devoid of
graphic inclusions for some reason, and the use of "mk4th
htlatex test.tex" results in the message:
 "! I can't find file `.cfg'."

I'm not sure why my initial "hello world" attempts that include
anything than the simplest math result in html files, but no
included png files even though they contain pointers to these files.

I've read through Chapter 4 of "The LaTeX Web Companion", and
tried finding up-to-date guidance on the web, but I can't find
anything that might help me to move forward from here. Is there
any further advice you could give or references you might
suggest? I need a gentle shove in the right direction!

Thank you!

Thomas

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.