development version older than recent version?

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Sun Jun 30 01:22:15 CEST 2024

Am 29.06.24 um 22:15 schrieb M. Münch:
> Hi!
>
> \2024\texmf-dist\doc\latex\firstaid\latex2e-first-aid-for-external-files.pdf
>
> says: June 26, 2024
>
> while the development version is
>
> \2024\texmf-dist\doc\latex-dev\firstaid\latex2e-first-aid-for-external-files.pdf
>
> stating: March 27, 2024
>
> I did not check the other firstaid files (or other dev stuff), but
> something feels amiss.

nothing is amiss Martin.

We put out a patch release of LaTeX containing a hotfix for a (actually
minor) issue: rollback was not working between now and 2023-06.

While doing this we also decided to put out a firstaid for arydshln
package because we have been unable to contact the author so far.

The rollback is not relevant for the -dev release and the arydshln
firstaid is of minor importance and does not warrant to put the CTAN
folks through an unnecessary cycle of installing a -dev release,
especially when we are planning another one before the TUG conference,
i.e., in a week or two.

So  all is fine, and yes, there can be cases after PL releases that -dev
both in front as well as lagging behind

regards
frank