Critical Problem with 'tlmgr' on UNIX.

Paul Kotschy paul.kotschy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 20:45:29 CEST 2024

Good day.

I am trying to use 'tlmgr' to install TeX packages on my UNIX TeXLive
system using this command:

   tlmgr install --file /path/to/some/package/file/<package-name>.tar.xz

It fails with the following error message:

   Undefined subroutine &TeXLive::TLPDB::_post_install_package
   called at /usr/local/texlive/2024/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 1680

Perusal of the 'TLPDB.pm' Perl source file reveals to me that, indeed, the
'_post_install_package()' function is called but is never defined. I find
this surprising given that the 'TLPDB.pm' source file is datestamped at
2May2024, implying that this problem has been around for at least that long.

Am I missing something? If so, kindly advise.  Kindly also advise who
should be informed of this error.

Best regards,
Dr Paul Kotschy.