Installation instructions

Maximilian Linhoff maximilian.linhoff at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Jun 13 10:27:47 CEST 2024

Hi,

As with other locale commands, the more specific ones are only needed if
they differ from the base locale.

E.g. if the base locale is en_US and LC_PAPER is unset, use letter

I'm German but my system language is US english, my locale looks like this:

❯ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_NAME=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_DE.UTF-8

I'm on Ubuntu using KDE and adjusted these through the "Language" and
"Formats" system settings

Cheers
Max

maximilian.linhoff at tu-dortmund.de