tabulary doesn't work with array [2024/05/23 v2.6c]

Akira Yokosawa akiyks at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 10:13:48 CEST 2024

[+To: Karl]

On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 16:19:22 +0200, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> Am 05.06.24 um 04:32 schrieb Akira Yokosawa:
>
>> I'm not sure but such a backward-incompatible update might need an
>> option for rollback to an earlier version, like array does.
>>
>> Then, if I encounter a similar breakage in another package,
>> I will be able to say:
>>
>> \RequirePackage{array}[=v2.5]
>> \RequirePackage{tabulary}[=v0.10]
>> \usepackage{foo} % not compatible with array >=2.6
>>
>> as a workaround and to wait for the update of foo.
>
> I think that a rollback (via date) matching the rollback that happens with array, is useful and probably needed --- basically stick the current version in as a dated version.
>
> Otherwise a document freezing the version to a certain date yyy/mm/dd will stop working because the kernel and array roll back but tabulary stays put
>
> frank

David,

I see you have uploaded v0.11 to CTAN, as announced at:

   https://ctan.org/ctan-ann/id/mailman.9332.1717769599.3764.ctan-ann@ctan.org

, and download from https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/tabulary.zip
contains tabulary v0.11.  It behaves exactly as Frank mentioned above.
Thank you, both!

However, after "tlmgr update --all", I get the following by running
   grep -A 1 "ProvidesPackage" `kpsewhich tabulary.sty

    \ProvidesPackage{tabulary}
              [2014/06/11 v0.10 tabulary package (DPC)]

"kpsewhich tabulary.sty" says:

    /usr/local/texlive/2024/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tabulary/tabulary.sty

"tlmgr info --data localrev,cat-version tabulary" says:

    71455,0.11

I guess r71455 has tabulary v0.10 rather than v0.11.

Karl, can you please have a look at it?

Best Regards,
Akira