TL2024 from .iso fail under cygwin (win11 pro)

Pablo González L pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Thu Apr 25 20:41:05 CEST 2024

> Hi Pablo,
>
>     I could only install the `sheme-medium` theme (which does NOT
>     install the `epstopdf` script
>
> BTW, you can run
>   tlmgr install epstopdf
> to just install that package.
>
>     which is strange),
Thanks, I can reproduce the problem (only from the `.iso` version)
which installs without problems directly on Win11 but it crashes under
cygwin:

FULL (default settings)
$ cat release-texlive.txt
TeX Live (https://tug.org/texlive) version 2024

This file is public domain.  It is read by install-tl --version,
tlmgr --version, and texconfig conf, and a final line appended with
the precise version number by tl-update-images during a build.

The following blank line helps avoid confusing output when
used directly from svn, so don't delete it.

texlive-20240312

$./install -no-gui
..
..

Installing [0911/4669, time/total: 08:05/35:51]:
context-legacy.x86_64-cygwin [3k]
TLUtils::untar: tar xf
/tmp/Qf9t1yZpCM/RYRuBAXIku/context-legacy.x86_64-cygwin.r70338.tar
failed (in /usr/local/texlive/2024)
TLPDB::_install_data: untar failed for
./archive/context-legacy.x86_64-cygwin.r70338.tar.xz
TLUtils::install_packages: Failed to install context-legacy.x86_64-cygwin
Installation failed.
Rerunning the installer will try to restart the installation.

> scheme-medium includes epstopdf (1426 + infra packages in all).

Here I have made a mistake, the chosen theme is "small".

small scheme (basic + xetex, metapost, a few languages) from `.iso` NO
epstopdf :(

$./install -no-gui

Are OK, but it does not install the `epstopdf` script, the strange
thing is that it does install the `epstopdf-pkg` package (which makes
no sense without the script).

$ ls /usr/local/texlive/2024/texmf-dist/scripts/
a2ping         bibcop          chktex                   lwarp
accfonts       bibexport       citation-style-language  simpdftex
adhocfilelist  bibtexperllibs  cjk-gs-integrate         texlive
albatross      bundledoc       clojure-pamphlet         texlive-extra
arara          cachepic        cloze                    thumbpdf
attachfile2    changes         cluttex                  tlshell
authorindex    checkcites      context
barracuda      checklistings   lua-alt-getopt
bib2gls        chklref         luaotfload

Saludos
(the other problem I answer in the next mail)