TL2024 from .iso fail under cygwin (win11 pro)

Pablo González L pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Wed Apr 24 21:57:44 CEST 2024

Hi all, I have a little problem to install the FULL version of TL24
under cygwin.

I tried to install the FULL version using the `.iso` downloaded from
CTAN and it fails when trying to install COnTeXT, I could only install
the `sheme-medium` theme (which does NOT install the `epstopdf` script
which is strange), and then when trying to upgrade it returns me:

$ tlmgr update --all

/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: TLPDB::from_file could not initialize from:
https://ctan.dcc.uchile.cl/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: Maybe the repository setting should be changed.
/usr/local/bin/tlmgr: More info: https://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html

And when I try to install from the network (with an updated version of
`install-tl`) I get the same error :(

Any win10/11 pro users who have `sandbox` installed could you try to
reproduce my problem?

Saludos