tl-install restore period

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Apr 17 15:29:12 CEST 2024

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024, Carlos wrote:
> Hey Norbert. Right. But when you follow the link as normal people would do through any terminal such as foot terminal or alacritty, it returns the infamous url not found . I'm not sure xterm would allow it but whenever you follow the link from a terminal

Because your terminal is probably set up to include "." in urls even at
the end.

This is a problem with your setup, and the dedection of URLs in text,
but nothing related to TeX Live.

> Better yet, you can try this out and go to
> https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/install-tl?revision=70922&view=markup

Yes, and? Also the svn backend seems to infer that the "." is part of
the URL. And?

> After all both of you Karl and you are without exception and have been pretty lucky in this regards that all these modern browsers understand better the forward slash

Well, so let us remove the dot, or add a space before it.

Honestly, in about 20 years the code has been there, I remember exactly
one complaint about it, yours ;-)

Best regards

Norbert

arXiv / Cornell University   +   IFMGA Guide   +   TU Wien  +  TeX Live