Upgrade failure and corrupted installation ?

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Aug 29 05:04:30 CEST 2023

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I interrupted (^C) tlmgr after 7 failed upgrade attempts.
>
> This is minor compared with all else, but the 7 surprises me. As far as
> I can see, we only retry downloads 4 times.

The behaviour that I have seen back that day was that some requests
actually succeeded after long waiting time, so my interpretation is
that there were some packages downloaded, some failed due to timeout,
some probably had checksum errors.

Nothing we can retry again I guess.

Best

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live