texlive2022-20220321.iso installation problem

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:50:53 CEST 2022

pá 20. 5. 2022 v 10:42 odesílatel <karl at aspodata.se> napsal:

> Karl Berry:
> >     This is dvips(k) 2021.1 Copyright 2021
> >
> > You're still getting dvips from 2021, so it sounds like you have not
> > updated PATH? --best, another karl.
>
> Thanks for the hint to what to look for.
>
> And to Norbert, yes, I put the texlive bin dir. later in the PATH,
> soo I can hopefully identify lingering packages, not all are named
> *tex*, and some needed are called tex-something.

The problem is that TeX from the linux distros is often incomplete and
not all binaries are included. It can thus happen that sometimes a
binary from the linux distro is used, sometimes the one from TL.
That's why TL should be at the beginning of the PATH, otherwise in the
best case the results are inconsistent, but quite often you use a
strange mixture of incompatible files which leads to strange errors. I
saw a lot of errors caused by mixing the linux distro and TL TeX.

> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

Vänliga hälsningar
Zdeněk Wagner