install-tl change of behavior for setting TEXMFHOME ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 21 00:22:02 CEST 2022

Hi Vit -- I see:

    # docker run --rm -it texlive/texlive:TL2021-historic
    texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/ls-R...
      vs.
    # docker run --rm -it texlive/texlive:latest
    texhash: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2022/texmf-local/ls-R...

So what has changed is the value of TEXMFLOCAL -- in :latest, it is set
to be under the /2022/ dir. All else follows.

This is surely due to our recent changes to install-tl (nothing else
relevant has changed). We did not intend to change the defaults, but
it seems we have. I will peruse shortly.

BTW, I don't believe this is related to Scott's original report about
TEXMFHOME for a root install. Looks like two different things. --thanks, karl.