failed "trying to unwind"

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jun 15 12:16:35 CEST 2022

I regularly manage to get an failed update because some
documentation is still open in the adobe reader and so blocked
(which shows that I'm on windows ...).

The message then says "trying to unwind" but this fails, and in the
next update the package is marked as "forcibly removed".

TLPDB::_install_data: untar failed for
https://ftp.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/hyperref.doc.tar.xz
tlmgr.pl: Installation of new version of hyperref failed, trying to
unwind.
Cannot open tlpobj file:
C:/texlive/2022/tlpkg/tlpobj/hyperref.tlpobj at
C:/texlive/2022/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLPOBJ.pm line 72.

tlmgr.pl: skipping forcibly removed package: hyperref

Is there anything I can do to avoid the "forcibly removed" marker so
that the next update simply tries again?

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/