TeX Live 2021 and FreeBSD 13.0

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 25 23:43:39 CET 2022

Re GNU/Linux installation. For some people, the simplest is the previous
suggestion to install the distro packages.

For others, the preference is for our "native" TeX Live. In the first
line, either curl or wget or a regular browser can be used to download
the installer, of course.

curl https://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/install-tl.zip
unzip -q install-tl.zip
cd install-tl-*
perl install-tl
<plenty of intro text, just ignore it>
..
Enter command: i
<will take a while, but eventually ... done>

Follow instructions given at end to add the necessary directory to the
search path.

Above works for all platforms, including Macs and Windows, although
that's not likely to be of interest for your purposes.

I wrote a web page which goes into slightly more detail about the above
steps: https://tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html

Hope this helps,
Karl